Sep 21, 2007

Interviews

I had an interview today with one of the most prestigious multinational bank of the world, they think all people are fools besides them (no offense to anyone). The guy had called me yesterday and asked me if i would be interested in working for the organization. The company being a multinational and being one of the best globally, i decided to give it a shot, you never know. The guy when i had asked over the phone had said with a lot of arrogance in his tone that we have several listings if you are interested. I said why no?. Khair i went to II Chundrigar (for those of you who don't know its the the Wall Street of Pakistan) and went up to the bank. Prompt at 10am i was called in, me being the only person present for an interview at that time and i was seated before their senior branch manager. The usual interview questions followed, what do u know about us, why u want to work here blah blah blah etc etc etc. When i asked him for what position they wold be hiring me the guy gives me a fancy title. I ask him what i would be asked to do? Long story short they wanted me to bring in deposits for accounts at the bank so that the deposit base of the company could grow!:s I turned them down there and then. Why do people think that the person seated in front of you is a fool all the time. I mean lets be honest, even i when i meet a person the preset feeling and thinking about that person without even meeting him/her that i sometimes have is that he/she knows less than i do, why is that? Is it some in built sense of professional jealousy or some prejudice or some ingrained psychological state that compels us into behaving towards individuals that way? I tried to correct it and to be honest i could not eradicate it 100%. The best i could do was about half the time i would not have a preconceived notion about someones personality.

No comments: