Dec 11, 2007

Situations

I havent written a lot on the blog since October, in fact i havent written anything at all. The reason was that i was very busy with a number of things. These things led me to ponder once again on the intricacies of life and how nothing is in our control. It shook my views and my pride on being young and in venerable and somewhat like superman or something. That view was shattered to bits when in early November i got the news that a friend of mine at University died of blood cancer! This guy was 3 years my junior and i remember very well ragging him in the point and the university as well. This actually shook me up. The guy was barely 19. That is too young an age to die.
Wonder what the Lord upstairs is thinking when He shows us these things in our life. Probably He wants us to understand how delicate the balance of life is in this world. How death can conquer all and how no one is can be spared, young or old.
A second awakening that i got was when an elderly neighbor of mine died a few days back of a heart attack. He used to take daily walks at 5pm and usually i would say hi to him in passing. His face would light up on hearing the Assalam wa Laikum and he would always inquire on my health and how life was treating me. He was about 70. Sunday morning i woke up and was told that he had passed away the night before.

19-70...........Makes you wonder dosent it. How short is your time here!
Simplify your lives. Accept your situations and embrace them rather than run away from them.

More on this later....

No comments: